Who We Are

Friday, November 12, 2010

Never the Same Again

Thursday morning, November 11th, I woke up before my alarm went off.  I was laying there when I thought to myself, "I'm going to take a pregnancy test.  I highly doubt I'm pregnant, but I'm 5 days late, so either I'm pregnant or something is wrong and I need to go to the doctor.  I'm never late."  So I rolled out of bed, so sure it was going to be negative.  After all, we've only been trying for three months.  I was prepared to wait a lot longer.  I took the test and didn't bother watching it, just crawled back in bed for a couple minutes before rolling out once again to check on it.  I picked up the test and my stomach dropped to my feet.  "Are those two lines?  Two lines?! I'm pregnant?!"  I immediately walked into our room and flicked on the light (poor Glen was still asleep). "Glenny, you need to see this" I said as I crawled next to him.  It took him a few seconds before he realized what the little test in my hand was indicating. "Oh.  Oh my.  We're gonna have a baby!"  We talked about it a little bit and prayed for our little one.  I was floating throughout the rest of the day, not really sure what to do next.  According to a due date calculator on babycenter.com, I was 4 1/2 weeks along in my pregnancy, SO early. We knew anything could happen, and unfortunately, it's common for babies in the very early stages to not make it.  We discussed the possibility of that, knowing that it would be a few weeks before I could even see a doctor, but we decided to trust the Lord and know that He has our best in mind.  But I was already falling in love with that little blob of rapidly multiplying cells in my belly.

2 comments:

  1. Congrats! I always think of you when I pass by your old place (I think I saw a sign up awhile ago??) for dinner at my parents house. Anyways, so excited for your journey ahead.

    ReplyDelete