Who We Are

Saturday, November 20, 2010

Oh, Those Emotions...

It's Saturday morning and Glen is at work.  There is so much baking to do for Lisa's birthday party tonight, but I'm taking some time to relax this morning and catch up on my tivo'd Oprah episodes.  The one that was just on was about teen heartthrobs over the years, where are they now, the fans who loved them, etc.  It was fun to watch various fans get surprised by their adolescent celeb crushes, and a couple times I got slightly choked up watching that moment when they are face to face with these men for the first (and only! haha) time.  In one of the final segments, Oprah surprises one of her staff members at a meeting with an impromptu Peter Frampton performance.  He steps into the room and begins playing an acoustic version of "Baby I Love Your Way"...and I lost it.  I started crying, like REALLY crying!  I was so touched and I just love that song, it's such a beautiful love song and I begin to remember how much I love music and I miss singing and Peter Frampton is such a good artist and I am sobbing on the couch and laughing at myself.  This beautiful little baby is sending my emotions on a roller coaster! 

Do I dare watch the next episode with Barbara Streisand?  ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment