Who We Are

Thursday, February 24, 2011

We're Going to Have a Boy!

We had our big ultrasound on Tuesday!  My due date was pushed up three days, which makes me 20 weeks, 1 day as of today.  Even more importantly than the gender of our baby, is that he is healthy and everything in me that he needs is healthy.  I want to be a good host to our little boy, even though I'm pretty sure he's going to leave his hotel room trashed when he enters the world.  I keep reading things that say I'll never feel normal again.  I suppose I will have new "normal".  And it will be difficult and weird adjusting to it at times, but so wonderful because I'll have little Oliver and his daddy Glen by my side.  Oh yeah, we decided to name him Oliver.  My wonderful husband is very analytical and deliberative, so I told him he can't over-think the name Oliver cause then he'll hate it, kind of like when you think a word over and over in your brain and it no longer sounds like an actual word.  But we do think Oliver is a cute name, and I don't believe I know any Olivers right now.  Except mine.  He's still a mystery in many ways, but I'm slowly getting to know him with each ultrasound, each movement, each growth spurt.  And I am in love.

1 comment:

  1. Congrats! Boys are so much fun. I have an Andrew Oliver...I love that name too.

    ReplyDelete